Monday, September 10, 2007

Daddies Day

.It's Daddies day in the land of Oz,
was given the day off..just because.

...Woke up late,
I was told the plan,
for brecky in bed
'cos I'm the man.

...I tell 'em don't worry it's just a normal day
to me every day, is Fathers day!

...I wash everyday, the skid marked jocks
and listen to arguments about the school socks.

...One wants Vegemite the others want cheese,
the baby whops me in the cods which brings me to my knees.

...The eldest boy gets locked up, the copper wants him booked
dad jumps on the phone and get's the problem over looked.

...I'm always in the crap , and never get it right
but handy when things go crazy, or go 'bump in the night'.

...I'll pick 'em up or drop 'em off
kick 'em in the arse or treat 'em soft.

...Yes it's daddies day, the beer is for free
I phoned my dad and the kids phoned me.

...So today I'll put me feet up,
feel the love and have no fights,
then later on when the door is closed,
it'll be one of daddies naughty nights.

1 comment:

Head Cookie said...

Your poems are always so full of expression and emotions. Love it Bushy.